We are Discovery Corporate Services Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 08597513 whose registered office is at Chiswick Park Building 2, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5YB, United Kingdom.
AN EXPLANATION OF THE COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES WE USE ON THE WEBSITE
“Cookies” are small text files from a website that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Cookies generally contain information that is associated with your web browser, information such as website preferences, login information, or a user ID. This information enables online services to recognise you as you interact with or revisit the Website.
Other tracking technologies
Like other online services and mobile applications, we use both cookies and other technologies such as web beacons/GIFs, pixels, page tags, embedded scripts and other tracking technologies. These technologies consist of small transparent image files or other web programming code that record how you interact with the Website. They are often used in conjunction with web browser cookies or other identifiers associated with your device. Below is a more detailed description of some of these other types of tracking technologies that we use on the Website:
• Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
• Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
• SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application. SDKs may collect identifiers associated with your device or our apps.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES LAST?
Our Website use several types of cookies including:
• Session cookies: Session cookies are created temporarily in your browser's subfolder while you are visiting a website and are automatically deleted when you leave the website.
• Persistent cookies: In contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are re-activated when you return to the same website, and remain in your browser's subfolder until they expire (usually after 12 months).
• Secure cookies: Secure cookies are a type of cookie which is transmitted over encrypted HTTP connection. When setting the cookie, the Secure attribute instructs the browser that the cookie should only be returned to the application over encrypted connections.
• Third party cookies: A third party cookie is one that is placed on your hard drive by a website from a domain other than the one you are visiting (e.g. when the website features content, such as ads, from a third-party domain). Third party cookies are set so that a site can remember something about you at a later time. These cookies are set by third parties and we do not control how they are set.
• SameSite cookies: SameSite cookies allow servers to assert that a cookie ought not to be sent along with cross-site requests, which provides some protection against cross-site request forgery attacks. SameSite cookies may not be supported by all browsers.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
You can allow and deactivate cookies/trackers or exercise your choices regarding how IAB Transparency & Consent Framework participants may collect or use your data via our cookie preference center available through the “Manage Preferences” button above. Please note that blocking all cookies can render some of the Services unavailable to you or have a negative effect on the performance, efficiency or customisation of the Services.
Please note that Discovery participates in the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework and complies with its policies and specifications. Discovery uses the Consent Management Platform with the identification number 28.
You can also control how cookies/trackers are set on your device by using your browser settings and, in some cases, the settings on your mobile device.
You can authorise, refuse or disable website cookies by changing your browser settings. If you disable a cookie already installed on your device or browser, it will not be active any more, but it will not disappear from your device or browser until the end of its lifespan. Please note that blocking all cookies can render some of the Website unavailable to you or have a negative effect on the performance, efficiency or customisation of the Website.
Each browser is configured differently. You should follow the instructions given by the publisher of your browser. If you use different devices, make sure you configure the settings of the corresponding browser according to your preferences.
Social media log-in
The privacy policies of social networks should allow you to exercise your choices regarding cookies, typically by configuring your user account settings on each such network.
Mobile device settings
Your mobile device may provide settings that allow you to express the choice not to have information about your use of mobile ads used for interest-based advertising purposes. On your iOS device, this is called “Limit Ad Tracking,” and on your Android device, it is called “Opt out of Ads Personalisation” or “Opt out of interest-based ads.”
To find out more about cookies